SOUTHEND-ON-SEA | ROCHFORD | CASTLE POINT
talk to someone: email@example.com | text this number for more information: 07496 680555
WAVE Southend is a partnership of organisations. SOS Rape Crisis is the lead Partner for WAVE Southend, and as such, we adhere to the same confidentiality policy, shown below.
The SOS Rape Crisis Confidentiality Policy is based on the principle that the service user’s interests, wishes, and rights are important. A service user who uses SOS Rape Crisis’s services has the right to be confident that:
- Information given by the service user will only be used for the purpose for which it was disclosed.
- Information will not normally be shared with anyone outside SOS Rape Crisis Staff without the express consent of the service user unless there is a significant risk to themselves or others.
- All records will be securely stored.
- Information about a service user will only be shared outside of the service with the consent of that said person except in exceptional circumstances ie: selves or other at risk.
- Information will only be shared with third party professionals on a “need to know” basis.
- Service users will be advised why and with whom information concerning them will be shared.
- All confidential information will be rigorously safeguarded.
In some cases, service users will provide SOS Rape Crisis with information in the expectation that this information will be shared outside the organisation for example in the form of a referral to health services. Nevertheless, it is made clear to the service user what information will be passed on and who will receive it.
Normally information will be shared on a need to know basis and good practice will limit the sharing of knowledge within the SOS Rape Crisis to a minimum.